Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Day the Earth Stood Still.

I awoke last saturday morning with a little extra hop in my step. Cousin MVP was getting married. Now if you don't know this man then let me give you a little background info.

1. He likes the Mets
2. He likes his Wine
3. He once emerged from a firework induced Cloud of Smoke with two fists full of booze bottles which caused a 4th of july party full of guests to chant his name.
4. He's a living Legend - read above
5. He's Never been married.

Let's be honest. MVP is in his 50's and although we all hoped he would one day find true love and get married, most of us never expected it to actually happen.

A few hours later after suffering from poor parental driving and some rediculous conversation topics we arrived in Brooklyn, NY. After celebrating My Nephews 3rd Birthday with some delightful cupcakes it was time to get so fresh (and so clean ... clean). I got in my suit which of course i love doing and was on my way to the church where i was greeted outside by a man i haven't talked to in 5 years....wearing a sweatsuit none the less. Ahhhhh yes the circus had begun i thought. Surprisingly though everything went as planned and after happily reconciling with my godmother and some priest mumbo jumbo MVP DID IT! He got married. It was wonderful. We then drove around brooklyn a little bit following the Grooms Parents as they took what must of been the longest way possible to arrive at our reception destination. The rest of the night was also great. Drinks, Dancing, Food, Family, Friends, and Most importantly of course..... watching my niece (the flower girl) and her brother practically steal the show as usual.

These are the things that make life worth living. When I'm old and on my death bed all that will matter will be my memories and last saturday we made a few good ones.

Fresh.

3 comments:

  1. My kids are awesome as usual. Nice post about the wedding, although I think you should have let the internet know the DG's watch was all for show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta be hardcore to show upto a wedding in a sweatsuit....or of course you could be in the mob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy wasn't exactly hardcore. I think it was all about proving a point. All I have to say is the MVP is married. One of the worlds biggest studs and coolest guys is married. The day that he came from the smoke was awesome. What the Godfather didn't say was that he was also wearing a straw hat. Who in the world would do that besides the most valuable playa. All I have to say is congrats MVP we love you kid.

    ReplyDelete