Sunday, May 10, 2009

Danilo Braden..... "I am your fatherrrrrrrrr"

So I'm a single guy who lives alone. I have no girlfriend to spend money or time on so i found myself increasingly bored and alone. I obviously did the most logical thing i could.

No! not pleasure myself. (although.......)

I adopted a kitten from the humane society. His name was Vinny and he was instantly a member of the family. Well i had Vinny for a couple days and he got sick....very sick.
The Vet. Gave me antibiotics to give him but after only a few hours on that 3rd day i had him he died in front of me in my living room. Vinny was my first pet ever since my dad is horribly allergic to pet dander. I always told myself that when i got out on my own I'd get myself an animal. Never did i think this kind of thing would happen right away. I was mortified. Not sure when the last time you saw a 24 year old "man" break down into tears but there i was totally in shock at what i just witnessed on my chair. RIP Vinny.


.... A week later i felt i was ready to try adoption again. I still had a lot of love to give to a feline compatriot so there i was back at the humane society. This time i picked out a little scaredy kitten who was all black except for a few white patches on his underside. I named him Danilo. I never really liked black cats but i always remember my dad telling me how he thought they were good luck to him. Obviously this is against the traditional idea of black cats but if you know my dad, then you know he isn't a man who lives by the book. Anyways, i felt like i needed all the luck i could get, so after the kitten warmed up to me a bit, I indeed chose him. Couldn't be happier that i did. I've had him for a week now, and except for a little diahrea he's had no problems at all. I pretty much let him do whatever he wants seeing as i wouldn't want anyone telling me what to do and slowly this aparment has become his. I'm just a guest. He comes and goes in whatever room as he pleases, claws on the all the furniture, meows until he gets a little bit of my food (probably the cause of his minor diahrea), and keeps me awake at night if he's not ready to fall asleep eventually wrapped around my head.

So its no surprise to any of my friends and family reading this that i've had kind of a rough year since last summer. I've tried to be all sunshine and rainbows as much as i could . I can honestly say that since i welcomed something as simple as a Kitten named Danilo into my life i've become much happier. Maybe its cause i have someone else to worry about except me. Oh and most important.... Since me and Danilo started watching the mets together last week....they have won 7 in a row!

Maybe my dad isn't crazy after all.......






4 comments:

  1. So I noticed that you put the word man in quotes. I'm not sure why this makes me laugh so much. I let you know if I figure it out.
    I love the new poll on the front page. I might be kind of partial.
    And finally just because your dad might be right about black cats being good luck, it doesn't mean he's not crazy. I've met him.

    and hey, what's up, Danilo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I wanted to snuggle the picture of Danilo? He's so cuuuuuuute.

    One of my cats was black with just a white half-mustache - Al. He still makes cameos in my dreams a hundred years later. Yes, I am that old.

    Though, I must weigh in that a black cat making the Mets win seven games in a row doesn't sound like good luck to me. Sounds like black magic. *snicker* Sorry, couldn't help myself. *more snickering*

    Excellent use of the word "compatriot". I raise my coffee to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danilo, Danilo, Danilo

    Too bad Galinari is a worthless piece of (well you can use your imagination on that) We wouldn't want Brooke Lopez right. Danilo is a cool cat i must say. Even though I am a front running Met fan I do like to see them win and realize this is the only reason why they are. Thank you my Danilo.

    Now we need him to do the same for the Bills.
    I guess he is coming to Buffalo with us!

    I am Fearless

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur, fearless. Danilo should totally come to the games in Buffalo.

    ReplyDelete